Brian's Blog

I’m not sure what you will find here; general musings and maybe some technical stuff spattered here and there.

Monday, January 22, 2007


Type...Type...Type

I was just marveling at the speed of which I can type the following line of code:

Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

I can literally just lay my hands on the keyboard that line of text will appear on the screen. Being that I'm a classic ASP web developer, I must have typed that line of code at least 20 times a day for the last 5+ years. Remarkably I've never woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat screaming those lines of code. However, give me another 6 years of this and maybe that will change.

That reminds me... When I was a system admin, it was this little jewel that got typed at least 100 times a day (or some variant of it):

ipconfig /all

Yep, it still rolls off the fingertips with the same blazing speed and accuracy as it did 5+ years ago.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Mark Deffenbaugh said...

Knowing where you work, you will probably have your chance to type that bit of code for the next 6 years.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger J. said...

for me is it :

ls -la.

It is most likely the Unix command that I issue the most in one day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home