Brian's Blog

I’m not sure what you will find here; general musings and maybe some technical stuff spattered here and there.

Tuesday, August 26, 2008


Just a Pinch of Autisim

I have this crazy innate ability to be completely oblivious to my surroundings. I can go into the fridge to throw away an empty egg carton, and completely disregard the empty milk jug right beside it. That's just a small example compared to what I did this morning.

I went out this morning for a short jog. It was cool outside, the perfect morning for a run. I felt good and I was moving pretty fast. Just under halfway into my run, I turned onto one of the streets in my subdivision. I was minding my own business while all wrapped up in my own world. It wasn't until I saw the SWAT truck and the 20+ SWAT officers that I realized I had jogged right through a police road block. Yes. Seriously.

I turned to look behind me expecting a few officers and maybe even a K-9 unit to be hot on my heels. There was no-one. I decided to keep going. I ran right past the SWAT van were a number of SWAT guys all decked out in helmets, bullet proof vests, guns, and bigger guns were having a meeting. I threw them a quick "head nod" and continued on.

It wasn't until I got to the opposite end of the blockade that I received any form of reprimanding for what I just did. "Don't run back this way!" the lady police officer standing at the last road block told me.

I managed to get out "I don't plan on it. Sorry." in between breaths and kept on running.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home